Municipal Violations

Columbia, Missouri Municipal Violation Attorneys

Municipal violations, also known as city ordinance violations, can have surprisingly serious repercussions. With the help of an experienced attorney, you may be able to avoid fines and a criminal record. You may also be able to avoid the wide range of unseen and unexpected consequences that catch those who simply plead guilty and pay a fine unexpectedly.

Hire an Experienced Criminal Law Attorney to Protect Yourself From Unseen Consequences

Unseen consequences vary depending on the nature of the municipal violation. For example, people charged with nuisance party violations who simply plead guilty and pay the fine may find themselves facing the threat of eviction.

At Harper, Evans, Wade & Netemeyer, our Columbia municipal violation lawyers have more than 100 years of combined experience. We know what all the consequences are. More importantly, we know how to help you avoid them. In some cases, that may be a matter of negotiating a different charge, one with a less severe impact. In other cases, we may have to use our knowledge of available programs, such as suspended imposition of sentence (SIS), in which successful completion of probation will leave you without a criminal record.

Our Team is Experienced in Defending All City Court Cases

Municipal violations are handled in the city court of Columbia, Missouri. They include:

  • DWI
  • Public intoxication
  • Open container violations
  • Animal violations such as animal abuse and leash law violations
  • Failure to license or vaccinate an animal
  • MIP and fake ID
  • Public nuisance violations
  • Noise ordinance violations
  • Possession of marijuana
  • Possession of drug paraphernalia
  • Traffic violations

The goal of our lawyers in these criminal defense cases is to help you resolve the matter as quickly as possible with as little impact on your life as possible.

Contact A Columbia, Missouri Municipal Court Lawyer

To schedule a free consultation about a municipal violation, call us at 573-442-1660 or send us an email. We are happy to meet at your convenience.

Think You May Have A Case?

Request A Case Evaluation