Missouri Attorneys Addressing Contempt Of Court

Divorce and Family Law

If divorce orders, child support orders, child custody orders or other court orders are not followed, the individual accused of violating them could be held in contempt of court. At Harper, Evans, Wade & Netemeyer, our attorneys can help you enforce orders by pursuing contempt of court. If you are facing charges of contempt of court because you allegedly violated orders, we can assist you in determining the best way to protect yourself and to remedy the situation.

Enforcement Of Missouri Court Orders

Our Missouri lawyers addressing contempt of court typically see this enforcement method applied when one party has failed to make a required payment to the other. Often, this will involve nonpayment of reimbursable expenses. Parenting plans typically specify that school expenses, medical expenses not covered by insurance and other costs will be split between both parents. This generally results in one parent paying the expense and then seeking reimbursement from the other for his or her share.

Unfortunately, the parent owing a duty of reimbursement does not always pay as ordered, and that failure can cost the other parent a lot of money and in fact make it difficult to meet the child’s financial needs. By filing and pursuing a motion for contempt, you can access the court’s enforcement power to coerce compliance with the prior orders.

Contempt of court and other enforcement actions, such as garnishment, execution or family access motions, may also be necessary in cases involving unpaid child support, a failure to pay a cash settlement amount, or refusal to adhere to child custody arrangements. We have more than 100 years of combined experience quickly resolving these family law matters.

If You Have Been Charged With Contempt Of Court

Contempt of court can have serious repercussions, including potential incarceration. If you have been served with a show cause order or a motion for contempt, you should take the matter very seriously. We want to help you address the allegations against you in a manner that best protects you from adverse consequences in the courtroom.

Often, a person alleged to have failed to pay child support or spousal support has suffered the loss of job through no fault of his or her own, or has fallen ill and has been unable to work. We will ensure that we carefully examine the allegations against you and take every step to protect your interests. Whatever the case may be, we can help.

Contact Our Columbia Contempt Of Court Attorneys

To schedule a consultation about enforcement actions, call us at 573-442-1660 or send us an email. We are happy to meet at your convenience.

Watch Our Videos
To Learn About Our Firm

How can we help you?
Take Action Today, Email Us!

If this is an emergency please contact our office immediately at 573-442-1660